10 reasons to consider Live In Care
PUBLISHED: 17:20 25 April 2016 | UPDATED: 17:20 25 April 2016
‘Live In Care’ is an increasingly popular alternative to other more traditional forms of care. Here Michelle Elliott of The Good Care Group explains the reasons for its growing success
1. It enables the person requiring care to live as independently as possible in the comfort and familiarity of their own home, with all the memories, belongings, beloved pets or gardens, treasured possessions, relationships and community ties that entails, including continued participation in local activities, clubs and events.
2. For the family, it provides peace of mind and reassurance that their loved one is being cared for by a highly trained and experienced care team who will enhance their overall health, wellbeing and quality of life.
3. It offers a real alternative to having to move into a care home – something that can be very unsettling to an individual, particularly if they are living with a condition such as dementia.
4. It provides a highly tailored plan of care that is developed and managed with input from the individual, their family and other professionals involved in their care. The care plan takes into account not only their care needs, but also their lifestyle preferences and routines to ensure the individual lives well with choice and dignity.
5. It allows people to maintain assets and capital appreciation.
6. A professional carer provides a range of care and support including everything from personal care, medications management, housekeeping, laundry, cooking and shopping through to social activities, lifestyle support and companionship.
7. It ensures continuity of care, which is so important in guaranteeing high standards of care are provided. A dedicated team of two consistent carers look after the person requiring care, so a long-term relationship is built where needs and preferences are truly understood.
8. It provides one-to-one care, which is something rarely achieved in institutional settings, and a more person-centred service which is not driven by tasks, instead focusing on holistic care that includes activities which promote wellbeing and personal worth. Careful carer matching enables the right skills and personality mix to be identified.
9. Live In Care can mean that couples are able to stay together as loving partners.
10. Pain is better managed through the provision of one-to-one, round-the-clock care from a consistent care team. Continuity of carer improves communication strategies, understanding and trigger identification.
The Good Care Group is the UK’s most awarded live in care company. It’s professional approach to home care enables its clients to live well in their own homes, whilst improving health and wellbeing outcomes. They are specialists in caring for people with dementia, Parkinson’s, MS, Stroke rehabilitation and providing end of life care. We also provide a Nurse led care service for people with complex needs.
Enquiries contact: QUOTE REFERENCE – SURREY HUB
08000234220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org