Enjoying a Surrey stroll around South Nutfield
PUBLISHED: 11:55 25 September 2018 | UPDATED: 11:55 25 September 2018
Enjoy this 2 hour, 3.5 mile (5.6 km) walk around Nutfield and Priory Farm
• Start: Priory Farm, Sandy Lane, South Nutfield, near Redhill
• Grid ref: TQ302 491
• Postcode for Sat Nav: RH1 4EJ
• Length of walk: 2 hours
• Food and drink: Priory Farm Nursery Café or short drive to Queens Head or Station pubs are a short distance away in Nutfield village
• While you are there: Priory Farm Shop for great local produce and gifts. Also visit Priory Farm Nursey for plants, gifts
1. From Priory Farm walk up Sandy Lane and continue along the footway to the A25. Cross the A25 and turn left. Just beyond Parkwood Road turn right onto the path marked Tandridge Border Path. Follow this path with Gore Meadow on your left. Ignore paths to the right. Bear right at the bottom to enter a wood. Go up the bank with wooden railings to an open area with fine views.
2. Head to kissing gate, but do not go through. Turn right and follow waymarked path, bearing left between trees. Continue following the waymarks until you emerge onto open ground. Continue ahead with fence on your left. Ignore stile on your left. Pass through wooded area to reach a parking area and gate.
3. Pass through gate into Church Hill towards St Peters and St Paul Church. Cross the road and turn right towards the lynch gate.
4. Take the tarmac path through the churchyard and then onto a grass path. Follow the path around to your left to a stile on your right.
5. Cross the stile and turn right. Follow the path to emerge onto a bank, where Glebe House will be on your left. Follow the bank and then turn right at waymark. Bear left into the trees at next waymark and come out at a driveway. Cross the driveway and wooden bridge, and descend to a T junction. Turn right and follow the path up a steep bank until you arrive at A25.
6. Turn right along A25 for short distance, then cross to a concrete drive. Continue straight ahead, as driveway goes right to gate. Follow descending path to a stile at the M23. Cross two stiles and enter a field. With the M23 fence on your left, continue to the next stile at the corner of the field. Cross the stile and continue up the slope. At the junction with another footpath, turn right at the waymark.
7. Continue to the next stile. Turn left and ascend through a field, keeping the fence on your left. At the corner of the field turn right and continue to the next corner and stile. Cross stile to reach Copper’s Hill Road. Cross the road and turn right and almost immediately turn left into driveway of Little Acre. Bear right just before gate of house and descend along path to reach Mid Street.
8. Cross here and turn right on the footway, ascend to road junction, and into Sandy Lane, back to Priory Farm.
• The ultimate Surrey walking guide - With beautiful countryside, stunning villages and plenty of bluebells during spring, Surrey is an amazing place for a stroll