Surrey walk around Puttenham
PUBLISHED: 16:44 28 August 2018 | UPDATED: 16:46 28 August 2018
Enjoy this gentle 1.5 hour, 3 mile (5 km) walk around an area of the North Downs famous for growing hops, used to flavour beer
• Start: Puttenham Common Car Park, off Suffield Lane
• Grid ref: SU910 453
• Postcode for sat nav: GU3 1BE
• Length of walk: 3 mile (5km) 1.5 hours
• Food and drink: The Good Intent is a traditional pub and harvester, The Jolly Farmer or for tea and cakes try Manor Farm Tea room just up the road in Seale
• While you are there: Visit the Manor Farm craft centre or to try a local brew visit Hogs Back Brewery
1 From car park entrance cross Suffield Lane, go along the path behind Top Rodsall cottages. Turn left along the sunken track and then turn right and follow the path to a T junction. Follow the path along the woodland edge and then along a field edge. Keep to the left of the next field and follow the path to the road.
2 Turn left along this road for 150 metres. Turn left by the gate and bear left along the field boundary. Bear right at top of field along the ridge. Turn left and then right along the fence. Keep ahead along the field edge until you meet the road. Puttenham Priory is ahead of you.
3 Turn right along the road and then at the T junction turn left along The Street.
4 Go left at Lascombe Lane. Bear left up Highfield Lane.
5 Pass houses on the left, and then after 160 metres, turn left up a path. Bear right across another field. Keep on this path over a second field. Cross the drive, go along fenced path and through woodland.
6 Turn left on sandy path, pass cottage on left and continue on track along the edge of Puttenham Common to eventually return to the car park.
• The ultimate Surrey walking guide - With beautiful countryside, stunning villages and plenty of bluebells during spring, Surrey is an amazing place for a stroll