*VIDEO* Who are Disclosure?
PUBLISHED: 08:23 23 April 2014 | UPDATED: 08:23 23 April 2014
Already nominated for a host of international music awards in 2014 – and with a number one album under their belts – Reigate brothers Howard and Guy Lawrence have made quite a noise with Disclosure. But who are they?
• Former Reigate College music students Howard and Guy Lawrence hit the big time in 2013 with their Mercury Prize nominated dance duo Disclosure.
• The brothers’ debut album Settle was among 12 albums in the running for the 2013 Mercury Prize, alongside offerings from David Bowie and the Arctic Monkeys.
• Earlier in 2013, the album had already beaten US behemoths Queens of the Stone Age to the top of the UK charts.
• In 2014, the boys were nominated for four Brit Awards (best single, best British group, breakthrough artist and best album). Unfortunately they missed out.
• Random Access Memories beat them to the Best Dance/Electronica Album at the 2014 Grammy Awards.
• Having previously attended Reigate School, the pair worked on their craft in a studio above their dad’s auction house, Lawrences Auctioneers in Bletchingley.
• Guy used to teach drums at Eric Lindsey music, just off Reigate High Street.
• They aren’t the first dance stars to come from the historic market town either: Fatboy Slim aka Norman Cook (or Quentin as he was then) went to Reigate Grammar School.