Things to do in Surrey this August bank holiday weekend 2015
PUBLISHED: 08:28 20 August 2015 | UPDATED: 10:41 20 August 2015
Great things to do in Surrey this weekend: art exhibitions, walks, concerts, theatre, places to visit and other events and ideas.
EVENTS ADDED THROUGHOUT THE WEEK
Saturday August 28 to Monday August 31
Get the best of Surrey delivered to your door every month by taking advantage of our latest subscription offer.
1. Fancy experiencing an even more magical side to the enchanting Watts Gallery? Then be sure to visit for their Watts at Dusk late-night opening on Friday August 28, until 9pm. More @ wattsgallery.org.uk
2. Searching for something exotic this summer? Well, the UK’s largest and longest-running Thai festival returns to Secretts at Milford from Saturday August 29 to Monday August 31. More @ muditatrust.com
3. Paul Hollywood, Michel Roux Jr and John Whaite are among the chefs at the BBC Good Food Festival at Hampton Court Palace from Saturday August 29 to Monday August 31. More @ bbcgoodfoodfestival.com
4. Fan of Top Gun and Top Gear? Well, Wings and Wheels is surely the air and motor show for you. Expect thrills and spills wherever you look at Dunsfold Park on Saturday August 29 and Sunday August 30. More @ www.wingsandwheels.net
5. Founded in 1857 to encourage and enthuse the local farmers and labourers in their work, the Egham Royal Show takes place at Caddey’s Field on Saturday August 29 and Sunday August 30. More @ www.eghamroyalshow.org.uk
6. Alternatively, to quench your thirst for country life in the east of the county, make sure to visit the Edenbridge and Oxted Show in, er, Lingfield on Sunday August 30 and Monday August 31. More @ www.edenbridge-show.co.uk
7. Love live music? Guildford’s The Boileroom are set to host a street part on Sunday August 30, 12noon to 10pm. Gold Phoenix, Trevor’s Head, A Spy From Moscow are already on the bill, with the local Little Beer Co providing the pop-up bar. More @ www.theboileroom.net