The Sculpture Garden 2015 at Birtley House, Bramley
PUBLISHED: 10:21 13 May 2015 | UPDATED: 11:05 13 May 2015
Each year since 2009, Birtley House in Bramley has presented the very best of 3D art from Surrey and further afield in its annual sculpture garden.
Share your sculpture garden photography @ www.surreylife.co.uk/photos
The stunning house and grounds provide a glorious backdrop for exhibits submitted by internationally renowned artists as well as those who are up-and-coming.
This year’s show includes a record number of exhibits from 58 sculptors, covering all shapes and forms and embracing abstract to figurative.
“We are delighted to feature 10 sculptors new to Birtley House this year,” says marketing manager Janet Hall. “For example, Ian Campbell-Briggs, who opened last year’s show, will present some of his own intricate metal pieces, which contrast beautifully with the smooth stonework of another newcomer, Lilly Henry.
“The choice of materials chosen by the artists and their inventive approach gets more exciting every year.”
With sculpture demonstrations, choirs singing, a quiz for children and home-made refreshments, there will be something for everyone – and dogs on leads are welcome.
• The Sculpture Garden at Birtley House, Bramley GU5 0LB is open daily from Saturday May 2 to Sunday May 31, 11am to 5pm. Tel: 01483 899513. Web: birtleyevents.co.uk
5 more from around the county...
• Landscapes by Ruth Taylor and quirky ceramics by Christy Keeney, Jasmine Simpson and Elaine Bolt are among many other interesting works of art in A Little Madness at Lingwood Samuel Art, Godalming, which runs until Friday May 29. More at lingwoodsamuelart.com
• The Dorking Group of Artists holds its Spring Exhibition in Betchworth Village Hall from Saturday May 2 to Monday May 4. Exhibiting members, many of whom are professional artists, will display over 250 works of original art, all for sale. More at dga.org.uk
• Original prints from Richmond Printmakers, a diverse and talented group of artists showing contemporary and traditional printmaking techniques, will be on show at the Fountain Gallery, East Molesey, from Tuesday May 12 to Sunday May 24. More at fountaingallery.co.uk
• Ham Art Group is anticipating its spring exhibition, with paintings in a wide variety of styles and different media, at St Thomas Aquinas Church Hall, Ham Street, Richmond, from Saturday May 23 to Monday May 25. More on 0208 940 5725
• The 20th Fircroft Summer Exhibition, with important works of art by 50 artists including paintings, prints, ceramics, glass, textiles, jewellery and sculpture, will be shown in the glorious Edwardian house and gardens at Albury Heath from Saturday May 30 until Sunday June 14. More at fircroft.info
If you value what this gives you, please consider supporting our work. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.