AppArt's Easter Exhibition and Sculpture Trail 2014 in Godalming
PUBLISHED: 12:41 15 April 2014
Situated in the beautiful Rose Garden at Prior's Field School in Godalming, and also in the main theatre, AppArt's Easter Exhibition and Sculpture Trail will include an outstanding array of art in many different mediums. Featuring inspiring work from members of Surrey Sculpture Society as well as other established artists, it promises to be well worth a visit.
Among the highlights, Mike Savage creates huge seed heads and organic segmentation in copper and aluminium, exploiting the malleable qualities of the metals, while Chris Sercombe paints realistic landscapes that contrast with Liz Polunin’s abstracts in oil. Stunning glass-works by Adam Aaronson and Peter Newsome and delicate metalwork by Alison Catchlove will also be exhibited alongside work from Prior’s Field pupils and staff, including modern landscapes by the school’s head of art, Steve Kinder.
“We are delighted to welcome AppArt to Prior’s Field for the first time and to be part of such an established and successful exhibition,” says Steve. “It’s a wonderful opportunity for several of our outstanding students to exhibit their work and for the public to visit such a variety of creativity brought to life in the school grounds.”
The exhibition will be officially opened by Hannah Peschar, whose own renowned Sculpture Garden is located in the village of Ockley. Running from Saturday April 5 to Friday April 18, the show is open from 10am to 4pm daily, and admission is free.
• AppArt’s Easter Exhibition and Sculpture Trail, Priorsfield Road, Godalming, Surrey GU7 2RH. For more information, see appartonline.co.uk
5 more art exhibitions from around Surrey
• Georgina Gibbons, BBC Wildlife Artist of the Year 2013, and other fine artists gather for a major spring exhibition at Gallery on the Street in Puttenham until Sunday April 20: galleryonthestreet.com
• The 28th annual Spring Exhibition of Arts, in aid of The Children’s Trust and organised by The Friends of The Children’s Trust, will take place at the charity’s home, Tadworth Court
in Tadworth, from Friday April 4 to Sunday April 6: thechildrenstrust.org.uk/artexhibition
• Cosmyth, an exhibition featuring artistic collaborations by Carlos España and Liliana Montoya, runs from Tuesday April 8 to Thursday May 1 at the Lewis Elton Gallery on the University of Surrey campus in Guildford: surrey.ac.uk/arts/visualarts
• Anita Chanda’s exhibition Deep Within, which explores themes of hope and light, takes
place at the Fountain Gallery, East Molesey, from Tuesday April 15 to Sunday April 27: fountaingallery.co.uk
• Stunning work by internationally acclaimed painter Professor Shen Ming Cun, representing the fascinating traditions and heritage of China, will be on show at the No Naked Walls Gallery in Bramley from Friday April 25 to Friday May 23: nonakedwalls.co.uk