5 top tips for keeping your swimming pool clean
PUBLISHED: 10:07 01 May 2018 | UPDATED: 11:42 01 May 2018
Looking forward to sunny days and taking a cooling dip in your pool? Wayne Coleman, Service Manager at BTU Pools in Woking passes on five great tips for keeping your pool sparkling clean and running costs lower this summer
1. Run your pump and filter during off-peak times – You’ll wonder why you didn’t think of this before! It will make a significant difference to your energy bill - just make sure the noise from your plant room doesn’t disturb you or the neighbours at night.
2. Maintain your chemicals at the right level - Remember, it is more than the just pH levels, that you need to keep an eye on to keep your pool clean, hygienic and ‘swim ready’. For example, temperature, Calcium Hardness and Cyanuric Acid levels also contribute to the complete pool balance. Undertaking proper, weekly checks is more cost-effective and convenient than having to make expensive corrections.
3. Install a pre-filter unit – This is a great way to save money right across the board! With a pre-filter unit you reduce the frequency and time spent backwashing. It also reduces chemical use and heating demand as well as the amount of water that needs replacing.
4. Use a solar cover – This might come as a surprise! As well as giving the pump, filter and skimmer basket a break and preventing nasties getting into the pool, a solar cover can increase the water temperature by up to 8°C! It will also eliminate evaporation by up to 98%, reduce chemical consumption by up to 30%, lower energy consumption by up to 50%. What’s not to like!
5. Look after your equipment – Regular servicing and maintenance are excellent preventative measures that extend the life of the pool and equipment. Emergency repairs always cost more!
To keep your swimming pool sparkling clean and ready to swim in, BTU Pools recommends weekly cleaning and checks on chemicals and equipment. Offering a range of pool maintenance packages and products to keep your pool running smoothly and cost-effectively, BTU Pools have been around for over 40 years designing, building, maintaining and renovating pools in Surrey, Hampshire and South East.
www.btupools.co.uk | 01483 315 316 | Wyevale Garden Centre, Woking, GU22 0NH