How to change your home to suit your old age, instead of your lifestyle and location
PUBLISHED: 12:54 21 February 2014 | UPDATED: 13:11 21 February 2014
Independent Home Solutions is dedicated to helping those who are unable to manage daily living in their home because they are feeling the effects of getting older, or have a disability.
If you feel you might be struggling, we specialise in providing a wide range of quality bespoke home adaptations which will make all the difference and which will help you to retain your independence and dignity.
To provide peace of mind, we oversee all phases of every project right from the start through to completion of work. Another great benefit of our service is that we are completely independent of manufacturers and suppliers. We have the strong advantage of being able to freely select from any product or service available and can therefore provide you with the very best or most cost effective solution to suit your requirements.
• Carry out a comprehensive options appraisal
• Arrange an Occupational Therapist assessment
• Provide detailed plans and specification, including planning and building consents
• Tender to up to three carefully vetted contractors
• Draw up a contract between all parties
• Source materials and oversee all work ensuring it is of the highest standard and meets specific needs
• Changes we can design make a huge difference to everyday living:
• Create a walk in shower room
• Provide ground floor WC
• Convert integral garage space to a bedroom with shower
• Design and build an extension
• Provide stair lifts, step lifts or through floor lifts
• Adapt your kitchen for wheelchair use
• Create ramped driveways to take your car up to your front door
• Design discreet wheelchair ramps
• Widen doorways for wheelchair manoeuvrability
• Improve your lighting for better vision
• Install integrated hoisting and tracking
Our bespoke service is ideal for you if you struggle to manage with day to day living at home but wish to remain as independent as you can.
Under no obligation, we can visit you at home to help you look clearly at the choices open to you and help you to decide upon practical solutions, such as converting your bathroom to a walk in shower room, fitting a stair lift, grab rails or designing and building larger scale adaptations.
When you decide to make informed decisions regarding your future living, how do you start?
To ensure any proposed changes are right for you we can introduce you to an experienced Occupational Therapist to assess you in your home and who will recommend practical solutions to your day to day struggles.
When you know what changes you wish to make how do you choose an experienced and reputable builder to make it all come true?
We often hear; “I don’t want to be ripped off”. “Is my builder properly insured?” We will instruct the builder to do the work that you want and need. We engage carefully vetted and insured contractors, fully compliant with health and safety and with the qualifications to do the job. Two or more of our contractors will receive a full specification and drawings to provide you with a fixed price quotation. We scrutinise all costs to ensure they are fair. You can choose the contractor you favour, by price alone, or exercise your preference on any other level, such as simply favouring a particular company.
We can offer imaginative changes to your home for you to “Change Your Home to Suit your needs” and we would be delighted to discuss your requirements to help you to find the perfect answer.
Contact us for a friendly chat and to arrange a no obligation visit from one of our team.
The Old Crumpet Factory
16 Brockham Lane, Brockham, Surrey RH3 7EL
Tel: 01737 845630