Top chef Tristan Welch produces the Great Surrey Menu
PUBLISHED: 19:07 20 May 2010 | UPDATED: 17:13 20 February 2013
Challenged with sourcing all of his ingredients for BBC2's Great British Menu from within 30 miles of the National Trust's Polesden Lacey, in Great Bookham, chef Tristan Welch found Surrey's local produce offerings inspirational
Originally published in Surrey Life magazine May 2010
Challenged with sourcing all of his ingredients for BBC2s Great British Menu from within 30 miles of the National Trusts Polesden Lacey, in Great Bookham, top London chef Tristan Welch found Surreys local produce offerings inspirational. Here are a few of his top tips:
- Pork from Plantation Pigs, Lydling Farm, Shackleford GU8 6AP
- Goose eggs, duck and honey from Etherley Farm, Ockley, Dorking RH5 5PA
- Trout from Albury Trout Farm, Sandy Lane, Albury Heath, Guildford GU5 9DB
- Wine and herbs from Denbies Wine Estate, London Road, Dorking RH5 6AA
- Another of Tristans inspirations was the head gardener at Polesden Lacey, Stephen Torode.
This episode will be screened as part of thenew series of BBC2s Great British Menu in the week commencing Monday May 24. What would be on your Great Surrey Menu?