Searching for really good food in Surrey?
PUBLISHED: 17:25 09 November 2010 | UPDATED: 18:08 20 February 2013
The 60th anniversary edition of The Good Food Guide, which came out in mid-September, found plenty to celebrate in Surrey with new entries for Brasserie Vacherin in Sutton and the Old Bear in Cobham especially deserving mention.
Originally published in Surrey Life magazine October 2010
The 60th anniversary edition of The Good Food Guide found plenty to celebrate in Surrey with new entries for Brasserie Vacherin in Sutton and the Old Bear in Cobham especially deserving mention. The full list and their reasoning are below...
- Bingham, Richmond: Adventurous food by the river
- NEW ENTRY: Brasserie Vacherin, Sutton: A slice of France in the heart of commuter-land
- La Buvette, Richmond: Good value Gallic comfort food
- Le Cassoulet, Croydon: Almost like being in Paris
- Drakes Restaurant, Ripley: Cutting edge, big-attitude food
- Drakes on the Pond, Abinger Hammer: High-class village restaurant
- Fish & Grill, Croydon: Its all in the name...
- The French Table, Surbiton: Ever-popular neighbourhood veteran
- Frere Jaques, Kingston: Upbeat waterfront brasserie
- The Glasshouse, Kew: Pleasing to the eye as well as the palate
- Kinghams, Shere: An exceedingly steady ship
- La Luna, Godalming: Inventive Italian food and sensational wine
- Michael Wignall at The Latymer, Pennyhill Park: Complex, elaborately worked food
- NEW ENTRY: The Old Bear, Cobham: Destination gastropub with fine credentials
- Petersham Nurseries Caf, Richmond: Arcadian eatery with sunny food
- The Restaurant at the Petersham, Richmond: River views coupled with stately dining
- Tangawizi, Richmond: Colourful, classy, Indian cooking
- The Westerly, Reigate: Buoyant bistro with something for everyone
In the also recommended section were: Jamies Italian, Kingston; Ma Cuisine, Kew; The Parrot Inn, Forest Green; Tony Tobin @ The Dining Room, Reigate; and The William Bray, Shere; while Sands at Bleak House, Woking, received a readers recommendation.
Share your 100-word restaurant reviews and win Denbies' tour vouchers and a bottle of their award-winning Whitedowns Sparkling Cuve.