Duck salad recipe by Chez Vous chef Laurent Pacaud
PUBLISHED: 18:19 02 July 2014
The head chef at Chez Vous in Warlingham, Laurent Pacaud combines his French roots and British flavours to great effect. His restaurant's duck salad recipe is perfect for the summer...
Salade de canard roti au thym et miel
Honey roast duck breast salad complimented by an apple and leek julienne
For six people
• 3 duck magret (breast)
• 80g honey
• 1 spoonful fresh thyme (or dry)
• 200g mixed leaves salad (washed)
• 1 apple
• 1 leek
• 5cl red wine vinegar
• 10cl balsamic vinegar
• 30 cl sunflower oil
• Salt, pepper
1. Place the seasoned duck in an oven- proof frying pan, skin side down first, and cook for a couple of minutes, then turn and cook for a further two minutes. Pour the honey on the duck in the pan and sprinkle the thyme.
2. Bake in the oven (200C) for about eight to 10 minutes.
3. Remove the duck from the frying pan and caramelise the honey before pouring in the red wine vinegar. Then pass this juice through a fine sieve.
4. Add the balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and oil to the juice to complete the dressing.
5. Cut a fine julienne with the apple and the leek.
6. In a large bowl, place the salad, julienne and dressing, toss, and serve a nice bouquet on each plate.
7. Cut the duck in fine slices and present on top or in front of the salad.
• Taste Laurent’s cooking at Chez Vous, 432 Limpsfield Road, Warlingham CR6 9LA. Tel: 01883 620451 / chezvous.co.uk