Barefoot Wine's Specially Crafted Menu for Mums
PUBLISHED: 18:06 14 March 2012 | UPDATED: 22:03 21 February 2013
If you want to give your mum a relaxing day on 18h March, award winning brand Barefoot Wine's 'Menu for Mums' will make the day extra special for both of you.
If you want to give your mum a relaxing day on 18th March, award winning brand Barefoot Wines Menu for Mums will make the day extra special for both of you. This specially crafted three-course menu with fruity cocktail is designed to be cooked at home, so mum can put her feet up and relax while you prepare a delicious meal.
60ml Barefoot White Zinfandel
20ml Lemon juice
3 Slices cucumber
20ml Simple syrup
1. Muddle fruits together and shake all ingredients apart from lemonade.
2. Strain over cubed ice in a highball glass.
3. Top up with lemonade and garnish with a cucumber slice and strawberries.
cup Barefoot Sauvignon Blanc
cup chicken broth
1lb sea scallops
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon crushed shallot
1 clove garlic, minced
salt & pepper to taste
Preheat the oven grill. In a pan over a medium heat, mix the chicken broth, Sauvignon Blanc, lemon juice, shallot, and garlic. Keep stirring and cook until most of the liquid has been reduced. Add in the butter until melted. Brush the scallops with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and grill for about 2 minutes on each side. Serve with the wine sauce.
1 cup of Barefoot Pinot Grigio
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon crushed red peeper flakes
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 cup chopped green onions
1 cup chopped parsley
pound shrimp peeled and deveined
cup shredded Swiss cheese
cup Parmesan cheese
1 pound dry fettuccine pasta
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water, until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, pour cream into large skillet.
3. Cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly until boiling.
4. Reduce heat and add herbs, salt, peppers, onions, and parsley.
5. Simmer 7-8 minutes, or until thickened.
6. Stir in seafood, cooking until the shrimp is no longer transparent.
7. Stir in cheeses, blending well.
8. Drain pasta then plate.
9. Serve sauce over pasta.
5 cups quartered strawberries
cup white sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
The Barefoot Wine range has a RRP of 6.69 and the 7 varietals are Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Moscato, Merlot, Shiraz, White Zinfandel and Cabernet Sauvignon, Barefoot Wine is now available at Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda, Morrisons, Waitrose, Co-op, across the convenience channel and in an increasing number of pubs, clubs, bars and restaurants. www.barefootwine.com