A hamper full of treats at the Hampton Court Palace, Foodies Festival 2011
PUBLISHED: 12:36 29 March 2012 | UPDATED: 19:28 20 February 2013
Showcasing speciality food and drink from all over the world, this month's Foodies Festival at Hampton Court Palace features everything from small artisan producers to delicious fine dining experiences.
Originally published in Surrey Life magazine May 2011
Showcasing speciality food and drink from all over the world, this months Foodies Festival at Hampton Court Palace features everything from small artisan producers to delicious fine dining experiences. An opportunity to pick up all the must-have foodie products, here we introduce you to a few of the one hundred-plus exhibitors taking part in the festival
- Located just yards from Hampton Court Palace, look out at the festival for the Craven Bakery who have been supplying the people of London and Surrey with freshly baked breads and cakes for over 80 years!
- Perry Court Farm will be showcasing one of the most innovative snacks on the market, apple crisps; they count as one of your five a day and are only 76 calories.
- Paella is a feast of the senses, with vibrant colours, authentic smells and Spains finest ingredients. Inspirational delicatessen Idelica provides everything you need to create this fabulous dish. To impress dinner guests, get their paella starter kit, which includes a traditional pan, seasoning and rice.
- Rosie Macdonalds tomato chilli jam makes fish and chips a bit more special, smartens up bangers and mash and adds style to your burgers.
- Explore the astonishing range of whole leaf Chinese tea flavours from Canton Tea. As well as having access to some of the best jasmine, white and oolong leaves, they have the most beautiful flowering tea, in which each exotic bulb blossoms in hot water and produces a wonderful honey infusion.
- Yee Kwan produces handcrafted ice cream and sorbet, inspired by the aromatic flavours of the Far East. Try their green tea or guava flavours.
- Reviving the family businesses, pork pie connoisseur Liv Scrimshaw is injecting a little glamour into the company her grandfather launched in the early 1900s. Bespoke wedding pork pies are now available too, a delicious alternative to cake!
- A beautifully crafted liqueur created in the artisan manner from freshly hand-picked elderflower blossoms, St Germain is ideal for those who seek the perfect cocktails, and the elegant bottle looks pretty impressive, too.
- The Truckle Cheese Company creates the most delicious cheeses and chutneys: we cant wait to try the fig and honey Wensleydale, with pear and vanilla pod chutney!
- Holly Cupcakes are stunning little creations, as delicious as they look, or try Gorgeous Glittery bespoke cupcakes from Cupcake-a-licious these are no mere desserts, with
each bespoke cake reflecting your personality and taste.
- The Great British Sausage Company was established by young entrepreneur David Nye and their Hot Duchess sausage, with pork and jalapeo, comes highly recommended!
- Stop off at the traditional Moroccan Exotic Tagine Caf for freshly prepared meals using the finest ingredients. Enjoy fresh sea bass served with traditional Moroccan herbs and spices or lamb tagine cooked to perfection with honey soaked prunes.
- Flip Dunning decided to throw in the towel, give up her high powered (highly stressful) advertising career to spend her days doing what she loves, creating organic mushroom pt based on a recipe made up by her brother when he was eight. Pt Moi now sells out faster than Flip can make it!
- Farmer Gosdens Jersey ice cream, made from the milk of pedigree cows, comes in amazing flavours including Guinness or watercress, raspberry and mascarpone or lemongrass sorbet. Visit their stand at Foodies and they will create a bespoke flavour for your special occasion.
- Discover the Origin is a three-year campaign to promote Europes finest products. Sample Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and Parma ham, matched with port and Burgundy wines, and pick up some recipe tips and food and wine pairing advice.
- Tantalise the senses and elevate your soul with a glass of Premier, Grand Cru or Cuve Champagne from the Bubbly Champagne Company.
- Remy Martin invites visitors to step into their Signature Lounge at Foodies. Once inside, they will be treated to an exceptionally fruity cognac served over ice accompanied by a perfectly matched petite delice.
- Rossmore Oysters grow and sell some of the finest oysters from around Scotland, England and Jersey. Enjoy one with a glass of champagne, expertly opened by the fastest shucker in the country, Tristan Hugh-Jones.
- A dining experience like no other, the traditional Portuguese speciality, roast hog, can be enjoyed with home-made apple sauce and spicy roquette salad and topped with crackling.
- Yum Yum Trees delicious gourmet fudge is made using natural flavours and local British sugar and comes in an array of contemporary flavours including lime and coconut, chilli chocolate or lavender.
- Prucia is the hottest cocktail must-have on the market. Fusing eastern and western cultures, this plum wine liqueur adds a refreshing twist to caipirinhas, mojitos and Champagne.
- Showcasing the finest Portuguese delicacies, Rainha Santa will be offering samples of their fresh fruit marmalade, honey, extra virgin olive oils and wild herbs from Alentejo.
- Pick up exclusive deli products from Gastro Nicks, a wonderful range of carefully selected international produce, including olive oil from Crete and Sicily, genuine aged balsamic vinegar from Modena, Italy, and unique French terrines including wild boar with juniper or duck with green peppercorns.
- Casillero del Diablo wines signify the vibrancy, life and love of the country in which they are produced, Chile. Try the range of wines and meet the friendly and knowledgeable team, who will lead you through a tutored tasting. There is even the opportunity to win a giant three-litre bottle of Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon!
BOOK YOUR TICKETS:
The Foodies Festival runs at Hampton Court Palace, East Molesey, from Saturday May 28 to Monday May 30. To book your two-for-one tickets, please visit www.foodiesfestival.com or call 0871 230 5573, quoting surreylife.