10 reasons to visit Eat! Food Fest 2017 at Reigate's Priory Park
PUBLISHED: 09:43 17 July 2017
Reigate’s Eat! Food Fest, which is organised by Surrey Life Food & Drink Awards judge Philippa Ratcliffe, returns to Priory Park’s sunken garden on Saturday July 22 and Sunday July 23. Here’s what you can expect…
Originally published in Surrey Life magazine July 2017
1 Top London street food traders bringing dishes from Colombia, South Africa, India, Sri Lanka, Spain, Sicily, Taiwan etc.
2 Two days of chilled out summer sounds from the PizzaExpress Live Lounge, with 16 artists who have played Glastonbury, Isle of Wight and Ronnie Scott’s…
3 RDO Appliances & Miele have teamed up with EAT! providing a demonstration kitchen featuring Indian chef Hari Ghotra, The Dining Room’s Tony Tobin and ‘The Inked Chef’ Andy Castle from XIX restaurant at Farleigh.
4 There will be a food fayre featuring 50 artisan producers with products such as Aussie sauces, meringue tweeners, fudges, seaweed, handmade sauces and biltong.
5 The ‘king of small plates’ Donostia Social Club will be serving up pintxos and tapas at their pop-up restaurant.
6 Get hands-on and make your own British banger with Reigate’s Robert & Edwards butchers in The Sausage Factory.
7 Visit the Ginpourium, a chance to meet makers, try samples, find your perfect G&T and take part in a ‘gin fight’.
8 There will also be The Market Stores pop-up beer bar, as well as I Love Bubbly, Dudda’s Tun Cider Bar, Cherry Berry fresh juices and Black Cab Coffee.
9 Kids will enjoy Jingle Bugs Music, roaming performers and Susie West art school.
10 This year, EAT! Is supporting local charity Loveworks, who will have the Tunnel of “Love Food Hate Waste”, including a children’s treasure hunt.
• Eat! Food Fest at Priory Park, Reigate, Surrey RH2 7RL on Saturday July 22 and Sunday July 23. Tickets: adults, £11; children, free. The Donostia Social Club runs at various times, priced £33, including festival entry. For more, visit eatfoodfest.co.uk
A few more Surrey foodie festival dates for your diary…
• Guildford Cheese & Chilli Festival on Saturday July 22 and Sunday July 23. Web: cheeseandchillifestival.com
• The Big Meat in Tilford on Saturday August 26 and Sunday August 27. Web: thebigmeat.co.uk
• BBC Good Food’s FEAST from Saturday August 26 to Monday August 28. Web: bbcgoodfoodshow.com
• Woking Food & Drink Festival from Friday September 1 to Sunday September 3. Web: wokingfoodanddrinkfestival.co.uk
• G Live Food and Drink Festival on Sunday September 10. Web: glive.co.uk
• Haslemere Food Festival on Saturday September 23. Web: haslemere.com/foodfestival
• Farnham Food Festival on Saturday September 30. Web: farnham.gov.uk