International School of London Surrey authorised to offer the IB Diploma
PUBLISHED: 16:16 27 February 2015 | UPDATED: 16:16 27 February 2015
©Chris Pearsall Photography
The International Baccalaureate (IB) Organisation has authorised the International School of London (ISL) Surrey to offer the IB Diploma, commencing in autumn 2015.
In its authorisation report, the visiting team made 40 commendations about ISL Surrey, citing:
• The clear commitment to and passion for the IB philosophy.
• The importance the school places on language learning and development.
• The commitment to international-mindedness within the school and as an integral part of the curriculum.
• Collaboration and open communication based on understanding and respect.
• Teachers who are thoughtful and interested in both their subjects and cross-curricular connections.
Headmaster Dr Jim Doran thanked the secondary team for their time, hard work and commitment during the two-year authorisation process. “The experience of our team shone through in the many authorisation report commendations. We are delighted that we are joining our sister ISL schools in London and Qatar as an IB World School and we look forward to graduating outstanding IB Diploma students in 2017.”
Courses being offered for the ISL Surrey Diploma Programme include the following, in addition to the Theory of Knowledge course:
• Group 1: Language and Literature. English SL/HL and other mother tongue self-study languages.
• Group 2: Language Acquisition. English SL/HL, Spanish SL, French SL/HL and additional mother tongue self-study options.
• Group 3: Individuals and Societies. History SL/HL and Geography SL/HL.
• Group 4: Science. Biology SL/HL, Chemistry SL/HL and Physics SL/HL.
• Group 5: Mathematics. Mathematics HL/SL and Math Studies.
• Group 6: Arts. Visual Arts SL/HL.
Means-tested bursaries are available for qualified local students. To view the ISL Surrey IB Authorisation Report, consult the school’s website.
ISL Surrey accepts students from age 2, Nursery through the IB Diploma. The school is well known for the quality of its international curriculum and for its award-winning mother tongue languages programme. The school currently teaches 17 languages. For further information on the ISL Surrey or its IB Diploma Programme, please consult the website, www.islsurrey.org, telephone 01483-750409 or email email@example.com.